Printing or saving blank or completed forms
In the Data Entry tab you can select a form and print a blank version for paper-based data entry. Most browsers also allow you to save the blank form to a PDF document instead of printing a hardcopy.
New in ActivityInfo version 2.10:
With forms using the new (Beta) design mode you can also print a completed form (or save it to a PDF file using your browser's print function) from the new data entry page. This functionality is not available with forms using the Classic design mode.
Both options are explained below.
Print or save a blank form
You can print or save a blank version of any form in your databases. These blank forms can be used for paper-based reporting.
1. Open the Print Form dialog window
- Select the form
- Click on the "Print Form" button above the list of data entries
2. Review the blank form and confirm to print
- Review the blank form in the dialog window which appears
- Click "Print Form" to open the form in your browser's print window
3. Print or save the form to a PDF document
Choose to print your blank form or to save it as a PDF document on your computer. The example above shows an example of the print window in Google Chrome.
Print or save a completed form
If your form uses the new (Beta) design mode then you can select and print a single data entry (i.e. submission) from the new data entry page by following the steps below.
1. Open the new data entry page
- Select a form using the new (Beta) design model.
- Click on the "Try the new data entry page (BETA)" link which appears above the list of data entries.
2. Open a single data entry in a new browser tab for printing
- Select the data entry to be printed.
- Click on the "Print Form" button and the form will be opened in a new browser tab.
3. Print the form or save it to a PDF file
The form and it's content are opened in a new tab in your browser. If it doesn't open automatically, navigate to this new tab to find a printable version of the form. Use your browser's print functionality to print the form or to save it as a PDF file on your computer. The print command is usually found in the "File" menu of your browser.