Adding Relevance Conditions
This section explains how to add Relevance Conditions when designing a Form in ActivityInfo.
Relevance conditions are a feature that changes what question a respondent can answer next based on how they answer the current question. If the relevance condition is not met then respondent won't see the field when submitting Form or Subform records.
By using Relevance Conditions you can guide the Users who submit Form Records more accurately since they will only be able to respond to specific questions based on their answers.
When performing data entry through android devices and ODK collect, users swipe from one question to another and in this case they won't see a question which hasn't met the relevance function.
How to add Relevance Conditions
- Navigate to the Form Designer.
- Click on the Form Field, for which you want to apply the Relevance Condition.
- On the Properties Panel, select "Applicable IF"(to define") and click on the "DEFINE IF" button.
- Define the Relevance Conditions by selecting all the conditions that you want to be applied.
- Click on the "OK" button.
If you accidentally delete the Form Field on which you base the Relevance Condition, you need to do the steps from the beginning to set the Relevance Conditions for the new Form Field.
- Click on the "Save" button to save your changes.
You can add more Relevance Conditions by clicking on the "Add" button.