Importing Records to a Form
The following section describes the steps for importing Records to a Form. This can be used if you have multiple Records already available on a spreadsheet outside ActivityInfo and you don't want to manually add these Records.
The supported spreadsheet formats on ActivityInfo are:
- Open office
- Libre office
Please note that you need to ensure there are no duplicate Records for fields that have been defined as Keys while preparing the data in the spreadsheet.
How to Import Records
- Records are imported per Form. So first you need to design the Form on ActivityInfo or navigate to the Form you are invited to add Records to.
- On the spreadsheet where your Records appear make sure you include all the relevant fields as they appear on the ActivityInfo Form.
- Each of the Required fields in your ActivityInfo Form must have a corresponding column in your spreadsheet. If you don't have such fields in your spreadsheet, you need to create them.
- For a Quantity field you must provide the values without a thousands separator and using a period ('.') as the decimal sign. A common European format such as '1.100,50' will not be accepted, only '1100.50'.
- For Single Selection fields make sure you add the answers in the exact same way as they appear in the Form you created in ActivityInfo.
- For Multiple Selection fields, add the available answers for each Record in one cell, divided by commas.
- For Date fields use the international format "YYYY-MM-DD" to prevent a wrong format conversion.
- If you have a Calculated field in your Form, you don't need to add it in the spreadsheet, the calculation will take place automatically once you upload the data.
- If the Form is using a Reference field to reference another Form, make sure that you add the header of the Reference field and that you fill in the cells with the respective Serial Number or Key that corresponds to the Record you wish to refer to. To view the available Serial Numbers of Keys, open the Form, navigate to that Reference field and click on the arrow to reveal the list.
- If the Form is using a Reference field to reference a Location, make sure you add the header of the Reference field and that you fill in the cells with data that match the available locations of the Reference field. To view the available Location names open the Form, navigate to that Reference field and click on the arrow to reveal the list of Locations.
- Navigate to the Table View page of your Form.
- Click on the "Import" button.
- You will be redirected to the Record Import page.
- Select all the Records you want to import from the spreadsheet, including the column headers.
- Copy (CTRL+C or Command+C) the Records and the column headers.
- Paste (CTRL+V or Command+V) the Records and the column headers on the white box on the Record Import page.
- Click on the "Continue" button.
- Required Form Fields (such as Partner) must have a corresponding column header in your table. Otherwise a message will appear prompting you to add these fields.
- In the following import table some of your column headers will have been matched to the ActivityInfo column headers. These will be highlighted in green.
- Take a look at the matched column headers and make sure they have been matched correctly to the fields of the Form in ActivityInfo.
- If a column has not been matched to a field, it will be highlighted in red and you need to match it manually to the respective field of the Form.
- Click on the column you want to match to a field and select the name of the field that corresponds to it from the "Column Matching" side panel.
- If a column has not been matched correctly, click on the header of a column to view the possible field matches and select the correct match, if needed.
- You can choose to ignore a Column by selecting the "Ignore this column" option.
The Serial Number is a field assigned to a Record automatically, so you can choose to ignore it during the import.
- Once you have matched all the columns, click on the "Done" button.
- In case of invalid Records you will be notified by the system. Instead of "Done" you will see the button "Continue". If you continue importing, these rows will be ignored and not imported. You can click on "Download"invalid records as CSV" to fix the Records and retry to import them.
- A progress bar will show the progress of the importing process.
- Once the import is finished, you can view the imported Records.
A message at the bottom-left corner of the table will inform you on how many Records have been imported.