Making a Database available offline
The following section describes the steps for making a Database available offline in ActivityInfo. Making a Database available offline allows you to view, add, edit and delete Records when there is unreliable Internet connectivity or lack of Internet connection. When a Database is available offline, it is stored locally, so it can be used even if there is no connection to the server (i.e. you are offline).
To make a Database available offline you need to be connected to the Internet to perform your account's synchronisation. So make sure that you have made the Database available offline, before heading to the field.
In order to synchronise the data collected during offline data collection with your account you need to be online (i.e. connected to the Internet again.)
Do not clear your Browsing Data (such as Cached, Cookies, History etc.) when you use a Database that has been made available offline. The data is stored locally and if you clear the Browsing Data you will delete this data as well.
You cannot upload attachments to a Database when you are offline.
How to make a Database available offline
- In the Database List page, find your Database and click on it to select it.
- Tick the box "Available offline" under the Database name.
- Wait for the green dot to stop flashing.
- When the green dot stops flashing your Database and its contents is available offline and you can use it without an Internet connection.
- All the Databases that are available offline, will be marked with a green dot in the Databases List.