Editing a Database
The following section describes how to edit a Database.
You can edit many aspects of a Database in ActivityInfo.
- Rename the Database
- Edit the Database Design including:
- the Folders
- the Forms and Subforms
- Edit the Users invited, their Roles and Permissions
- Edit the Locks added to the Database, Forms and Folders of the Database
How to edit a Database
- On the Database settings page of your Database, click on "Rename database" on the Resource side panel.
- Type in the new name for the Database and click "OK" to save it.
- The Database is renamed and you can find it in the Database List page.
- On the Database settings page of your Database, on the Resources side panel you can view the Permissions and the Locks added to this Database.
- Click on the User for which you want to change (override) the Permissions. Or click on "Grant permissions".
- Tick or untick the boxes to apply the permissions and click on "Save" to save your changes.
- To delete a user, click on "User management" to navigate to the list of users.
- Click on a user to select it.
- Click on "Delete user" to delete the user.
- On the Database Design section you can view the Locks added to this Database.
- Click on a Lock to edit it and click on "Save" to save the edits.
Locks are applied to Forms and Subforms that contain a Date/Month/Week field which has been added as a Key field. Read more about adding Locks.