Adding Quantity fields
The following section describes how to add a Quantity field when designing a Form. You can add a Quantity field to your Form to allow users to enter a numerical value. This can be for example any numerical indicator that you want to track. Quantity fields can also be used as the components to make calculations using Calculated fields.
How to add a Quantity field
- In the Form Design page, click on "Quantity" to select the field from the Fields palette.
Fill in the Properties of the Quantity field by providing:
- Label: type a question or give a label for which the user needs to provide a number
- Description: optionally provide a description
- Code: optionally provide a code
- Units: the units for the quantity
In the Settings check the boxes you want to apply for the field.
if you plan to use Calculated fields to automate calculations for your Reports, make sure to add a Code to this field.
- If you are using Relevance rules make sure you set the correct Relevance rules.
- Click on "Done" to add the field.
In this example we are using relevance rules but this is optional for your Form. Learn more about Setting Relevance rules.
- The Quantity field has been added to the Form.
- When you finish adding fields, click on "Save" to save the Form.
- Users will be able to fill in the Quantity field when they are adding Records - if the Relevance rule is met.