Adding an Input Mask
The following section describes how to add an Input Mask to a Text field to constrain what users type in a field when adding Records. It can be used to make sure that users enter certain digits or letters. This can be useful if you have a field with administrative codes, for example. As users type in the field that has an Input Mask, the data entered will automatically get validated and the field will turn red if the data entered do not match the Input Mask and green when they do.
Take a look at the available characters and their explanations before creating an Input Mask.
How to add an Input Mask
- In the Form Designer, click on the Text field yo which you want to add the Input Mask.
- In the Properties tab type the Input Mask
- Click on "Done" to save the change.
- The Input Mask has been added and you can view in in the Form Designer.
- When you finish adding fields, click on "Save" to save the Form.
- In Data Entry, a greyed out placeholder will indicate the type of text users need to type.