Referencing the Geodatabase
The following section describes how reference the Geodatabase of ActivityInfo, using a Reference Field in your Form, to allow Users to select a location from the built-in locations. This way you can reach a list of available locations (e.g. Provinces, Governorates etc.), let your users select from this list and maintain consistency in your data.
How to reference the Geodatabase
- In the Form Designer, click on "Reference" to select it from the Fields tab.
- In the Reference panel, search for the Geodatabase and click on it to reveal the list of countries.
- Click on the country you want, to reveal the locations and select the location you want to use.
- Click on "Continue".
If you want to use a list of countries click on "Global" instead.
Fill in the Properties of the Reference field by providing:
- Label: type the question for which the user will select an option
- Description: optionally provide a description
- Code: optionally provide a code
In the Settings check the boxes you want to apply for the field.
- Click on "Done" to add the field.
- The Reference field has been added to the Form.
- When you finish adding fields, click on "Save" to save the Form.
- While adding Records, users will be able to select a location from the Geodatabase.