Copying a Form by exporting and importing fields
The following section describes how to create a copy of a Form by exporting a Form's fields and importing them to another Form.
Instead of designing a Form you can create a copy of another Form. You might want to do that if for example you need to create a duplicate Form or you need to do slight changes to its copy. This can save you time.
To do that you need to export the fields of the Form and then import them to a new Form. You might also want to import only some selected fields in order to create a shorter Form for example.
Please note that importing Relevance rules and Validation rules for fields is not yet available. To add Relevance rules import the fields and then manually set relevance rules to the fields. To add Validation rules import the fields and then manually set validation rules to the fields. To import a reference field make sure you use the Form id of the Form you are referencing.
How to copy a Form by exporting and importing fields
- In the exported file you can see all the fields of the Form along with their properties. You can apply any changes you want at this step.
- Select the fields and copy them (Control + C or Command + C). Make sure you selected the Headers of the columns too.
- In the Database Design section, select the location where you want the new Form to be added and click on "Add form".
- In the Form Design page, give a Name to your Form and click on "Add a field" to reveal the Field palette.
- On the Field palette, click on "Paste field list from spreadsheet".
- Paste the fields (Control + V or Command + V) and click on "Add fields".
- The fields have been added to your Form.
- Click on "Save" to save the Form.
- In case of an error you will be notified and you won't be able to add the fields.
- If you didn't add all the necessary information for the fields you will be notified in the Form Design page.
Please make sure you included the Headers of the columns of the spreadsheet and that you included options for the Selection fields and the Form Id of the referenced Form for a Reference field.
- To make changes or set Relevance rules click on a field to open its properties.
- Click on "Done" to save any changes to the fields and click on "Save" to save the Form.