Copying a Subform by exporting and importing fields
The following section describes how to create a copy of a Subform by exporting a a Subform's fields and importing them to a new Subform.
Instead of designing a Subform in a Form you can create a copy of an existing Subform to use. You might want to do that if for example you need to create a duplicate Subform in your Form with slight changes or if you want to use the same Subform in a different Form.
To do that you need to export the fields of the Subform and import them to a new Subform. You might also want to import only some selected fields in order to create a shorter Subform for example. To do that make sure you have added a Subform field in your Form.
Please note that importing Relevance rules for fields is not yet available. To add Relevance rules import the fields and then manually set relevance rules to the fields. To import a reference field make sure you use the Form id of the Form you are referencing.
How to copy a Subform by exporting and importing fields
- On the Form Design page of the Subform, click on " Export fields" to export the fields o the Subform.
- Click on the exported file to open it.
- In the exported file of the Subform you can see all the fields of the Subform along with their properties. You can apply any changes you want at this step.
- Select the fields and copy them (Control + C or Command + C). Make sure you selected the Headers of the columns too.
- Navigate to the Form Design page of the Form where you want to add the copied Subform and add a Subform field.
- Click on "Open subform" to open the Subform.
- In the Form Design page of the Subform click on "Add a field" to reveal the Fields palette and click on "Paste field list from spreadsheet".
- Paste the fields of the spreadsheet of the Subform (Control + V or Command + V) and click on "Add fields".
- The fields have been added to the Subform, click on "Save" to save it.
- On the Form Design page of the Form, click on "Save" to save the Form with the Subform.
- In case of an error you will be notified and you won't be able to add the fields.
- If you didn't add all the necessary information for the fields you will be notified in the Form Design page.
Please make sure you included the Headers of the columns of the spreadsheet and that you included options for the Selection fields and the Form Id of the referenced Form for a Reference field.
- To make changes or set Relevance rules click on a field to open its properties.
- Click on "Done" to save any changes to the fields and click on "Save" to save the Form.