Setting Validation rules
This section describes the steps for setting validation rules to a field when designing a Form. You can define one or more rules for some specific types of fields to define when an added Record is valid. Adding validation rules to one or more fields prevents users from saving a Record that does not follow the validation rules.
List of field types and conditions which can be used:
- A field with validation rules can be a Key field.
- A field with validation rules can be hidden.
- A field with validation rules can also have relevance rules.
How to set validation rules
- In the Form Design page click on the field to which you want to apply Validation rules.
- In the Field Card editor check the box next to "Set validation rules".
- In the Validation rules section that appears at the bottom of the tab you can start defining the rules.
- You can select to use the Validation rule if all or any of the conditions are met. Click on the arrow next to "any" if you want to change it to "all".
Set the first validation rule by selecting:
- the state of the condition
- the condition
- To add another validation rule, click on "Add" and set the rule by selecting what you want to apply.
- Click on "Delete" to delete a validation rule.
- Once you have added all the validation rules you need, click on "Done" to save the field.
- You can add validation rules to more fields.
A field that has Validation rules, appears with the label "VALIDATION RULE SET" in the Form Design page.
- When you finish adding fields, click on "Save" to save the Form.
- Users will get an error message with a description of the validation rule when they try to add a Record that doesn't meet the validation rule.