Adding a Calculated Measure
The following section describes how to add a Calculated Measure to a Pivot Table. Calculated Measures allow you to write advanced Formulas, using the Formula editor in order to produce more advanced results from your data analysis.
- After selecting the source of data you will use for the Pivot Table, select the field(s) you want to use as a Measure from the list of the fields.
- Drag and drop the field to the Measures panel.
To create a Calculated Measure you need to have collected data. Calculated Measures can only be created with Quantity fields, Single Selection fields or Multiple Selection fields.
- The Measure has been added and you can view it on the Pivot Table.
- Click on " + Add calculated field".
- The Formula Editor will appear.
- The Function panel (left-hand side) displays the Functions available.
- The Field panel (right-hand side) displays the Fields available.
- If the Formula is valid then the done button will be enabled.
- If the Formula is not valid then the done button will remain disabled.
- View the available functions in the "Formulas Reference Manual"
- Click on "Done" when the Formula is valid.
- To select the Statistics to view for this Measure, click on the Measure to reveal the Statistic Options and select the Statistics you want by ticking the boxes next to their names.
- View the Statistics of the Measure on the Pivot Table.
In the Measures panel, you can also edit the name of the Measure or delete it.