Filtering a Pivot Table
The following section describes how to filter a Pivot Table.
When you view a Pivot Table in the Pivot Table Design page, you have the option to filter the Records you see using categories. This allows you to view a specific group of information. You can filter the Pivot Table based on the Dimensions added as Rows and Columns. To narrow down to the information you want to see, you need to decide which categories you want to keep and which to hide.
How to filter a Pivot Table using categories
- Select the category which you want to hide from the Pivot Table.
- Right click on the cell that contains it and click on "Hide this category".
You can repeat this for as many categories as you want.
- The categories you selected are hidden.
- To see which categories have been hidden, click on the "Show hidden" button. The hidden categories will appear grayed out. To hide them again click on "Don't show hidden".
- To unhide a specific category, right click on the category you want and click on "Unhide this category".
- To unhide all hidden categories, right click on a cell and click on "Unhide all categories".
- To show only one specific category, right click on the category you want and click on "Show only this category".