Overriding a Role's permissions for an individual user
The following sections describes how to override the Permissions of a Role assigned to a User for a specific resource such as a Folder or a Form. This helps you customize further the access the invited users have.
You might want to change some of the Permissions that come with a predefined Role of a Database template for a specific User to customize even further the access that User has to a specific Database, Folder, Form or Subform.
You might want to edit a Role instead.
How to override a Role's permissions
- On the Database List page, click on the Database that you want to apply the change to.
- Click on "Database settings" to open the Database Settings page.
- Click on "Database Design" and select the Form or Folder for which you want to apply changes.
- On the Resource side panel, click on the User for which you want to change the Permissions, to reveal the assigned Permissions.
- Click on the Permissions you want to add or remove any unwanted Permission by unchecking a checked box.
- Click on "Save" to save the changes.
- The predefined Permissions that come with the Role of this User for this specific Resource have been edited.