Granting permissions to a user for a new Folder or Form
The article presents how to grant permissions to a user for a new Folder or Form.
You can grant permissions to a user that has been already added to your Database for a Form or Folder that was not included in the resources you selected when you invited this user.
This could have happened because you hadn't created the resource at that time or because the user's permissions need to be changed due to a change in your programme for example.
You can only grant permissions to users for a Resource if you have the "Manage users" permission for that Resource.
How to grant permissions to a user for a new Folder or Form
- On the Database List page, click on the Database that you want to apply the change to.
- Click on "Database settings" to open the Database Setting page.
- Click on "Database design" and select the Form or Folder for which you want to apply changes. In the Resource side panel you can see the users that have permissions for this resource but you will not see the users that haven't.
- Click on 'Grant permissions' to reveal the list of all the users that have been added to the Database.
- Select the user you want to add from the list of users and select the permissions you want to assign to them by checking the box next to them.
- Click on "Done" to save the changes.
- The user has been added to the list of users for that resource.
- You can view the granted permissions of users in User management.
- Click on 'User management' and click on the user from the User list.
- In the User side panel, in the Permission tab you can view the granted permissions and the resource.