Guide to setting up ActivityInfo and Power BI
Users can link ActivityInfo to Power BI through the API. In this short guide we will explain how you can setup the basis, so the data from ActivityInfo goes directly to Power BI.
Once the download is completed, you will need to sign into your Power BI account.
Power BI is a product provided by the Microsoft Corporation for which we do not provide support. Please consult the Power BI website at https://powerbi.microsoft.com to learn more about how to use the product.
- Before you connect Power BI to your form in ActivityInfo, you will need to obtain the URL of the API endpoint for your Form.
- You can find the identifier of a Form when you open the Form in the Table View page. The identifier is shown in the URL. But you can also get it from the Export options. Before getting the URL select the Columns that you want to use. You can also customise the query by selecting and renaming columns via "Select Columns".
- In the Table View page of your Form, click on "Export" to reveal the drop-down menu and click on "Export via the API".
- From the new options click on "Query JSON using a URL".
- Copy the URL that appears.
To connect ActivityInfo to Power BI, log into Power BI and follow these steps:
- Click "Get Data" and select "Web",
- In the dialog window, select the "Basic" option, paste the URL and click "OK",
- A new dialog window with title "Access Web content" appears: select "Basic", enter your ActivityInfo login credentials and click "Connect".
- After you have connected your form to Power BI, the Query Editor will open and display a "List" as the result. The following steps explain how to convert this list to a table.
Convert list result to table
- Click "To Table", a pop-up will appear inviting the user to select or enter delimiters and how to handle extra columns.
- Accept the default settings by clicking "OK".
- Untick the "Use the original column name as prefix"
- Click "OK"
Make final structural changes to the table
- You can make further changes to your table as shown below. For example, re-order the columns, remove columns, re-name the columns etc.