Publishing a Map Report
The following section describes how to publish a Map report and use it outside ActivityInfo.
Once you design a Map report you can share it with other users who are have been added to your Databases or publish it so that people outside ActivityInfo can see it.
The Map report will be automatically updated as data are updated.
To be able to publish a Map report you must be the Database owner or to have been assigned the 'Publish reports' permission.
When published, a read-only version of the report will be available as:
- Standalone webpage
- Embeddable HTML snippet
We recommend paying special attention to the data included in a report that you publish as well as to the users assigned with the 'Publish reports' permission.
You can unpublish a Map report anytime.
For Databases added before August 3, 2020, the 'Publish reports' permission must be manually assigned to Roles via the Roles section or manually granted to specific users via the user management section.
For Databases added from that date onward the following stands for each Database template:
- Blank database template: the Role of Administrator will have both the'Share reports' and 'Publish reports' permission
- Multi-partner reporting database template: the Role of Administrator will have both the 'Share reports' and 'Publish reports' permission
- Case management database template: the Role of Administrator will have the 'Share reports' permission only.
How to publish a Map report
- To publish a Map report, click on "Reports" to navigate to the Report List page.
- Click on the name of the Map report to open it.
- Optionally, click on "Collapse" to collapse the Report Design side panel.
- Click on "Sharing & Publishing" to reveal the drop-down menu.
- Click on "Publishing" to open the Publishing tab.
- Click on "Publish now" to publish the report. You can read more details about what will be published in the Publishing tab.
- The link to the published Map report has been created and is published. To preview the Map report click on "Preview".
- To copy the URL to use it somewhere else click on "Copy URL" under the type of report you want to use.
- The Map report is now published and you can share the link to it with people who are not users in ActivityInfo.
- To stop a report from being public, click on "Unpublish".
- The Map report will no longer be available in the previously published link.