Submitting a new Site
The following section describes the steps for submitting a new Site during Data Collection.
One of the key activities performed in ActivityInfo is Data Collection. In the Classic Data Entry Interface users can submit Sites to Activities if they have been invited to the Database for which the Activity has been designed.
The correct User Permission levels must have been set for each User according to the intention of the Administrator of the Database.
A User can select an existing Location or create a new Location for this particular Site.
When you invite Users to a Database for the first time, they receive a notification email from ActivityInfo. If they are already registered to ActivityInfo, they won't receive a notification email from ActivityInfo and will be able to access the Activity directly through the platform.
How to Submit a new Site
- Click on the "New Submission" button on the Data Entry Toolbar.
- A pop-window will open. Here you set the Location for the Site Submission.
You now need to set a Location for your Site. You can either choose from an existing list of available Locations or create a new Location if you can't find the Location you want in the list.
To be able to add a new Location, the respective Location Permission but have been granted to the specific Location Type.
- If you don't see the Location you want in the list of Locations you can filter the Locations to find it or you can use the Map on your right.
- To filter the Locations, click on the downward arrow in the "Province" or "Province (2015)" tab and select the Province you want to use as a filter from the dropdown list.
Alternatively, if you know the name of the Site you can type it in the Localité tab and then, after selecting it, click on the "Use Site" button.
- If you don't see the Location you want in the new list, use the rest of the filters to narrow down your search.
- Once you find the Location you want in the list of Locations , click on it to select it and click on the "User site "X"" button at the bottom of the page.
If you couldn't find the Location you wanted in the list of Locations you can add a new Location.
- Click on the "Add a new Site" button.
- Use the dropdown menus to set the details of the Location of your Site submission.
By doing that you might find Locations linked to existing submissions. If you use such a Location, it will be possible to link your Site submissions to other Sites inside and outside of your organization.
- Fill in the details of the new Site by selecting the correct information from the dropdown menus in the respective tabs.
- Alternatively, drag and drop the pin on the map to get the Latitude and Longitude details of the Site.
- Provide a name for the Localité tab.
- Once you set all the information correctly, click on the "Use new Site" button.
- Fill in the Intervention Details.
These fields have been designed by the Database administrator and may vary from Activity to Activity.
Click on the "Save"button to save your submission.