Submitting a new Form Record
The following section describes the steps for submitting a new Form Record during Data Collection.
One of the key activities performed on ActivityInfo is Data Collection. Users can submit data to a Form, if they have been invited to the Database for which this Form has been designed. The correct User Permission levels must have been set for each User according to the intention of the Administrator of the Database.
When you invite Users to a Database for the first time, they receive a notification email from ActivityInfo. If they are already registered to ActivityInfo, they won't receive a notification email from ActivityInfo and will be able to access the Form directly through the platform.
How to Submit a new Form Record
- On the left-hand side, find your Database and double-click or press the ▶️ button to expand it.
- If the Form is contained within a Folder, double-click or press the ▶️ button again to expand it.
- Select the Form you want to submit the new Form Record to.
- Once you have selected your Form, you need to open it in the New Data Entry Interface to start entering data. Click on the "Open in the new data entry page" button.
You will be redirected to the New Data Entry Interface of ActivityInfo.
- Click on the "New" button on the Data Entry Toolbar.
- Fill in your Form by entering your data into each of the Fields.
- When entering the date in the Date Field keep in mind that the date format used across the ActivityInfo platform is the International date format YYYY-MM-DD. This means that no matter which locale or browser you are using and regardless the way you insert a date, ActivityInfo will always provide this date format.
- Fill in all the required fields. In case you miss a required field you will not be able to save the data you entered. The required fields will be highlighted with red.
- If the Form includes a Multi-line Form Field, you can expand the block where you are entering the text information so that you can view all the text. To do this drag the two lines in the corner of the box.
- Click "OK" to save the data you entered and to submit you new Form Record.
When you are entering data you will only see the Form Fields that are related to the answers you provide. Form Fields that have been added with a Relevance Condition will only appear if you fulfil the condition.