Setting up your ODK Connection
The following section describes the steps for setting up your ODK Connection in ActivityInfo.
ODK Collect is a third-party app which allows you to download Forms to an Android device and perform surveys in the field, even without an internet connection. Once completed, the Forms can be sent to ActivityInfo and the data will be stored in your Database.
By using ActivityInfo for storage in place of ODK Aggregate or FormHub, you can take advantage of ActivityInfo's advanced analysis and mapping tools, and seamlessly combine results from the field with reported outputs, baseline data, or other indicators from within and outside of your organization.
Please visit https://opendatakit.org/use/collect/ to learn more about ODK Collect.
You will need an internet connection on your mobile device (e.g. wifi, 3G, or 4G) to install ODK Collect, connect to the ActivityInfo server and download Forms. While you won't need to be connected to collect data, you will need a connection to send your finalized Forms back to the ActivityInfo server.
From July 1st, 2017, ActivityInfo only supports Android devices with Android version 2.3 or later.
How to set up the ODK Connection
- Connect to the Internet with an Android device.
- Visit the Google Play Store.
- Search for the ODK Collect App.
- Install the ODK Collect App to your Android device.
- Once installed, find and open the ODK Collect App.
- When you are on the "Main Menu" of the App, click the "Menu" Button of the Android device.
- Select "General Settings" from the three dot menu on the top right corner.
- Select "Server".
- In the Server URL insert the ActivityInfo webiste URL: https://www.activityinfo.org
- Click "OK".
- Fill in your ActivityInfo Username and Password. The Username is the Email you use to login to ActivityInfo.
- If you want to use a specific ActivityInfo Database, enter the Database Number as this appears on your ActivityInfo account in the "Form list path" section.
- You have now set up the ODK connection to ActivityInfo.
If you encounter any problems setting up ODK Collect, please visit the ODK documentation page.