Downloading an Empty Form to ODK
The following section describes the steps for downloading an Empty Form from ActivityInfo to ODK.
If you are using the Open Data Kit Collect App with an Android device to do Data Entry you can use the integration of the ODK app with ActivityInfo to download the Forms from ActivityInfo to the mobile device.
Before downloading an Empty Form to your mobile device, you need to make sure you have setup the ODK connection to ActivityInfo correctly.
The ODK App does not work with Sub-Forms or Reference Fields, so if a Form includes Sub-Forms or Reference Fields, it won't open correctly in the App and you will not be able to fill it in.
How to download an Empty Form to your mobile device
- In the "Main Menu" of the ODK Collect App, select "Get Blank Form".
- Select the Form(s) you want to download by ticking the boxes next to them in the list of Forms.
- Click the "Get Selected" button at the bottom of the page.
- Once the Form has been downloaded you will get a message saying that the download was successful. Click on "OK" to complete the process.
- The Form(s) have been successfully downloaded to the ODK app.
Once a Form is downloaded to your device, it is not any more synced with ActivityInfo.
Therefore, if you change the design of your Form (e.g. you add or remove questions), then you have to inform your users that they must download the revised Form to obtain the changes on their device.